Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Sparks


Extras | [gif version] [2] [small gif] • Source: Unknown

I always wanted to do something like this... didn't turn out the way I wanted, but I got fed up with the particles not doing what I wanted. Haven't practiced enough with particular yet I suppose. What made it so frustrating is that the particle emitter only recalculates on a frame, meaning if you are running at 30fps it only recalculates 30 times a second. But! When you have a fast moving emitter, like above, 30 times isn't enough so it comes out in bursts instead of smoothly. To fix this I was working in 120fps... which slowed everything down and ate up my ram and disk cache really fast.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic work! Love all of the subtle changes. Amazing how they all add up into an incredible transformation.

    I really like the effect too. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete