Sunday, August 7, 2016

Lesson Learned is now complete!

The last chapter in Lesson Learned is finally written. I struggled trying to settle on an ending that I thought was fitting, but I'm happy with this one. Since it's my first time doing anything remotely close to this I'm probably overly concerned about whether or not my references and foreshadowed plot points are either too obvious and laid on too thick or too buried and undecipherable. Obviously I don't want to give anything away, but pretty much all the developments here at the end are hinted at in other chapters. For a couple weeks here I thought I backed myself into a corner because of the rule that caused traits to not be traded without the original owner present, but writer's block, if it was that bad, is something that can be overcome with patience.

I do hope you enjoy(ed) it! I'll be making a pdf version available soon. According to Office, Lesson Learned took 4700 minutes to write, so that's nice I guess.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'll be looking forward to your next piece of fiction when the story bug hits you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this story. Thanks for writing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it. Can't wait to see what you'll write next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for writing this. The second last chapter with Kate losing her boobs was insanely good.


    I forgot to post this here when I wrote it, but your AT sequences inspired me to finally write this a few months ago.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/AttributeTheft/comments/4f2290/the_sydney_emerald_the_meek_shall_inherit_the/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't keep too much tabs on /r/attributetheft anymore, but I did happen to see that story and really enjoyed it! I liked the idea of Caitlin's body trying to shift and fight it as Eva drained her - something I hadn't read before. I hope you write something again because this one was quite fun!

      Delete
    2. Holy crap! Thank you so much! I'll have to give it another shot.

      Delete
  5. I hope you're enjoying your time away, snapple ^^

    ReplyDelete