Saturday, March 3, 2018

Tight(er) Gray Shirt

Angles, angles, angles.


Extras | [gif version] [tiny gif] • Source: ???

This is the first time I've done an angle like this. I wanted to try and do what I kept referring to as "perspective bounces" - and that was nice, but ate way too much time for what it turned out. Basically, since her chest is turned so much, I distorted it so it was angled back as if she was standing forward, applied all the effects, then distorted it back to the original perspective. It added a lot of time to the rendering and general work flow, but did look nice. I just don't think it was worth it when using a slightly smaller bounce for the chest further back is much easier and pretty much looks the same.

Next up is: Amakano ~Second Season~ image 160 in part 1/2.

2 comments:

  1. This is really good! I wish they started poking out from underneath, but that'd be difficult unless you wanted to get creative with dodging to make it look like the light was hitting them directly as they started to overflow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That was actually the original plan, but since it started to get so slow working with it I gave up, sorry, because I agree, it would have looked better.

      Delete