Sunday, January 14, 2024

2024 Update

Hi - thanks for hanging in there with me.

I hope to make more things this year, I mean, they take a long time, but my goal is at least 1 thing every 3 weeks. Sometimes things take 3 or 4 days, other times doing a whole video can take upwards of 2 weeks.

Last year I started messing with stable diffusion (AI image generation) and that took some time to learn and get used to. I think it works well with what I do and I feel a lot more comfortable creating the images there than just finding them online, especially for attribute theft stuff because someone was always the loser and that just made me feel bad - but now they're not real people. It can't do video just yet, so full video will likely just be supplemented with AI.

I'm not going to work on any After Effects script anymore - sorry. The script stuff just became too much work and I lost interest in doing it. I think I've got all the images in the mega folder, if a recent one is missing let me know and I'll track it down, old ones are probably lost to graveyard of the internet.

I have 2 things I'm going to post shortly, they were both test cases for stable diffusion and the new version of after effects. Getting back into the swing of things. Then 2 more have been scheduled for this week. I'll decide then if I should post things to reddit... test the waters so to speak. Why not just post them all? Gives me more time to start working on something else, spreading out the content.

3 comments:

  1. bravo ! Sora and open-sora coming out, more matter for you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping an eye on it for sure, my hope is that any of them (image or video) get better with prompt context. It's really hard right now to generate things interacting or target specific objects. I've seen the region specific ones but that just doesn't work for what I'm hoping to do. It'll probably get there in a year or two at the pace it's going.

      Delete