Saturday, April 27, 2019

Walkthrough Video

A small number of people have asked me how to edit video, so here we go! Again, I'm sorry it's more of a walkthrough than a tutorial or guide, but it beats having nothing.

The walkthrough is available on mega.nz: WALKTHROUGH VIDEO
Duration: 16 minutes
Size: 225MB
Or you can find all the walkthroughs here.

Description: I go over rotoscoping and the process I use for it. Then I go over using liquify on video and how to use the offset property on the liquify effect to help out. Then I got back and show how to use the Reshape Effect instead. Then I use the Jiggle Portion of the Jiggle and Grow script to add jiggles. I do this twice, using both modes: Force/Spring and Speed/Amount.

Below are the results.


• Source: Nicole Kopchak (BoutineLA) [reddit]

This is the expression I used on the null layer to get the average point of the mask:

path = thisComp.layer("Chest2").mask("Cutout").maskPath;
numAnchorPoints = 15;
sum = [0,0];
for(x = 0; x < numAnchorPoints; x++){sum = sum+path.points()[x];}
sum / numAnchorPoints;
You will need to replace Chest2 with the layer's name that has the mask and also Cutout with the mask's name (probably Mask 1).
Lastly, change the numAnchorPoints to the number of anchor points your mask has, mine had 15.
Note:That expression will only work on newer version of AE, I believe somewhere around CC 2017/2018 because they added the ability for expressions to be able to look at mask paths. So if you've followed the above and it still fails, you'll need to use a tracker point. If you have to use a tracker, you'll want to pickwhip the tracker's position instead.

6 comments:

  1. I saw a repost of yours on Reddit. Your work is amazing. They linked to you by the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully people will follow the walkthrough and make something

      Delete
  2. Great work. May I trouble you for the name of the source if you know it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole Kopchak, I got it from the BoutineLA subreddit. link

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I knew I recognized her from r/Bustypetite

      Delete